Wednesday, July 23, 2008

NEWSLETTER ALERT!


Okay okay, so I never posted the big blog. Sorry sorry sorry. It's just that we've been so BUSY here at our lovely little boutique! We've had so many women tell us how happy they are to have a pretty, cozy, private, feminine place to shop. For this, I feel so honored, relieved and inspired. I said it once, I'll say it again and gladly repeat myself a million times - I am so lucky to have met every woman who has walked through my door. I learn so much from all of you, so thank you!


Now, down to business. I am beginning to put together a newsletter, and I'd love for you to contribute. Please send me poems, stories, inspiring words, dreams, wishes, cartoons, pictures, blurbs, tidbits, advice, suggestions and questions! Send it right to me! I have access to medical professionals so if you have questions for them, I will get you answers. Even if they don't get published.


October is a big month for breast cancer survivors and their famillies and Mercy is going to make sure everyone hears about it! Hollandia Nursery is planning a big event for the end of September. It'll be a great kick-off to October's events. I PROMISE to keep you posted on that one (sheepish grin).

OH - the beautiful painted torsos at the top of this post are courtesy of http://www.abreastinthewest.ca/
You should definitely check out the website - you'll find some great articles - entertaining and educational.
The torsos were part of a show in Vancouver at La Cabana. Each artist, a survivor or the loved one of a survivor, lovingly crafted these masterpieces in honor of all women who have been affected by breast cancer. I wish I could've seen the show in person! Please visit the website and browse.

I hope to hear from you all soon - at least introduce yourself and say hi - if I know you are there, it will make me write more often!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kirsten,

You are WONDERFUL.

Anonymous said...

Mercy Care Boutique is amazingly wonderful. Kirsten is a beautiful person who really cares about her shop and her clients. Kirsten goes the extra mile to ensure that her clients gets everything they need. She is sweet and helpful. As soon as you walk into Mercy Care, you will feel a sense of warmth and comfort. This world needs more people like Kirsten and her associate, Anne.