Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'M BACK...


...and better than ever! We had a fabulous day of pampering here at Mercy Cares at the end of October - hope you were here and sorry if you missed it! Aside from lots of yummy snacks massages, manicures and some delicioso vino fino, we had some great big laughs and some very important brainstorming. Whew, what a day. A few of my lovelies have decided that it is imperative that we re-enact this laugh fest one Wednesday evening a month. This will offically be a newsletter session, but unofficially a mental health eve. We all need to laugh more and my ladies seem to just love each other already, so I am honored to be a fly on the wall for these uplifting crazy wednesdays. And maybe I can convince one or two of them to write a blog entry for me once in awhile, since I seem to be terrible at the upkeep *sheepish grin*. Here's a picture of the event (taken by the fabulous Erin Neilsen of the American Cancer Society) that was sent as a press release to all the local papers. Let's see if someone will print it! Also is a picture of the cake that my big sister (Happy Birthday Yvette!) and I made for this day of pampering. It was our first go at fondant icing. Not necessarily our last, but I do believe we will take a little vacation from it. Quite the workout, that fondant!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

enesouwhat a different experience shopping at Mercy Cares. It is so much more than just another retail store. There is such a peaceful atmosphere there and the staff have become friends. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for caring. Quite a different experience than the usual retail store.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, quite feminine atmosphere. Love your store